Shenight: Demo 2007
24/10/07 || Lord K Philipson
We at GD are all beautiful specimen. We are phenoms of the metal media. People envy us thanx to a few reasons; we look good, we smell good and we act nicely towards each other and everyone else around us. We believe in treating our fellow man with respect and all that shit. We don’t wanna bash people and/or bands becoz they are ugly as fuck and/or retarded as a fucken box of monkey spunk. Sometimes we just forget, though.
Looks can be deceiving. At most occasions, the visual appearance tells a fucken lot about a band. When you get an actual promo package that includes:
1. The lyrics on separate small, quality paper sheets with pictures of moths on them.
2. A quality booklet with photos of guys looking more gay than Germany’s whole population. Also complete with a few hundred illustrations of months.
3. An own little paper where you can cut out your own moth. (someone get me a taxi, fast!)
4. An über-pretentious overall packaging and biography.
5. A cd that says… eh… Shenight on the cover… SHENIGHT?! As opposed to HEDAY? For fuck’s sake…
... You know you are most likely in big fucken trouble.
I actually have no idea what these fags are trying to do, but the initial look is confusing as hell, and it’s not like their rock music makes things clearer. Sometimes they sound like they wanna be Machine Head (and why anyone would want to be them will always be beyond me), other times they sound like some disillusioned radio-friendly band that really haven’t got it all together. And they don’t, no matter the weirdness of the packaging, the countless of moths and the failed attempts at looking very fucken mysterious and shit. I had a conversation with J (The Project Hate MCMXCIX/Vicious Art/Krux) the other day, and we came to the conclusion that people who really try to be mysterious can go fuck themselves.
What Shenight is, ladies and cocks, is just another ordinary band who plays music with a terrible vocalist and who’s got little-to-shit to offer. When the singer hands out a “Don’t try to even smile” in the opening tune, I want to e-mail him and tell him that he shouldn’t worry his little head about that happening anytime soon.
It remains mysterious that they sent us their stuff in the first place. Then again, we have covered a hella lot worse shit than this on GD. Not that it helps Shenight much.
Oh, just so you know… Their website is full of moths. Like the amount I have being introduced to this far wasn’t enough.
- Released: 2007
- Website: www.shenight.com
- Mattia Liberali: vocals
- Lorenzo Conti: guitars
- Marco Molteni: guitars
- Emmanuele Totaro: bass
- Fabrizio Fishcione: keyboards
- Claudio Tirincanti: drums
- 01. Scarlet-Starlet
- 02. Sick love
- 03. Death robots
- 04. Road to nowhere