Global Domination

FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
Questions for K - Put them in here!
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 116, 117, 118  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Global Domination Forum Index » The Project Hate MCMXCIX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 06, 2012 [16:27]
Reply with quote

Swan deals with compressors and all that shit. I usually add small things all over the place and he enhances them so it sounds as great as I want them to sound. I know nothing about that shit. I just tell Dan what I want and he fires the shit up, blowing me away in the process. Dan usually pans a few things differently compared to what I have had in mind, sometimes it works, sometimes I change it back. He knows he's got free hands, pretty much, with TPH as far as effects and whatnot go. I just accept or decline when I hear everything.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 [01:05]
Reply with quote

Hey K, how deep do you go when editing your guitars? I understand having anywhere from 4-8 guitar tracks can get quite messy. What do you use when editing? Any tips? Or is there no editing at all, just 100% tight as fuck playing? (Which I honestly haven't heard of before, so I thought the question was relavent Happy )
Back to top
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 14, 2012 [03:47]
Reply with quote

I try to seriously edit my playing as little as possible since I take huge pride in playing well. But of course sometimes editing is needed, just like with everything else when it comes to recording. But I do not analyze it like there's no tomorrow. I want there to be "life" in what I play, you know. All guitars do not have to be 100 percent exactly the same played and/or copied over and over. Then we are turning into Fear Factory, and no one wants that. Least of all - me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EvigFokk
Follower of the penis


Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 94
Location: So Paulo, Brazil

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 [01:21]
Reply with quote

K, as you mentioned in the posts, you are currently working on lyrics for the new album. How does the writing process for the lyrics work? What are your sources of inspiration? Do you read stuff like Dante's Inferno to draw up the imagery of hell and biblical texts for the ironic lines? Do you read lyrics you've written in the past (seeing how once in a while we can find references to previous TPH albums)? Do you add, remove or change words to fit the music better? Do J or Ruby do that if it ever happens that they begin recording and feel the way something is written doesn't sound right when sung?
_________________
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" Epicurus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 25, 2012 [03:38]
Reply with quote

EvigFokk wrote:
K, as you mentioned in the posts, you are currently working on lyrics for the new album. How does the writing process for the lyrics work?


Usually I just put down lyrics on the first available sheet of writable surface as soon as something pops up in my head. It could be a napkin, toilet paper, a cardboard box (if I am at work when this happens), or whatever. When it's time for me to write lyrics I tend to spend a lot of time just writing stuff down, organizing it later on. You could say I am chopping out the blocks of stones for what is becoming the castle eventually. That was poetic as fuck.

Quote:
What are your sources of inspiration? Do you read stuff like Dante's Inferno to draw up the imagery of hell and biblical texts for the ironic lines?


No, I don't read anything in particular to come up with lyrics. I know what I wanna say and work from that. It doesn't need to be incredibly clever as long as the point comes across, but I definitely don't just throw shit together. There's more work to it than that.

Quote:
Do you read lyrics you've written in the past (seeing how once in a while we can find references to previous TPH albums)?


No, I don't. But I know what I have written in the past and when I make those references to older stuff, it's very much done on purpose.

Quote:
Do you add, remove or change words to fit the music better?


Absolutely. When I really start to finalize the lyrics alot of stuff change to further enhance the message.

Quote:
Do J or Ruby do that if it ever happens that they begin recording and feel the way something is written doesn't sound right when sung?


Yes. Sometimes what I have in mind is improved by those guys. That's the beauty of it all. And it always surprises me when they deliver something even better since I have to go "why the fuck didn't I think about that in the first place?", haha...

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 [17:49]
Reply with quote

Hey K! Bow down

I just have some stuff to ask you after the interview with Metal Rules.

When you got the question about Live performance and stuff..
You answered Slipknot *I might be gay and fucktard but they are exellent live and has been one of my favorite band from my day 1 of metal music*.. But whatever that is not a part of it here.

I know you are a studio band and all your music is from my thinking exellent and above perfection after 1000x times listening throu the albums! Even had to ask my sis that speaks latin to see what it means in the latest album!
When it comes to TPH you dont ever think of it would be fun and exiting to get it out to play live with this band? Or do you leave that to TD to play live with?


Also, about you saying you are making the music only for yourself and does not care what others think. This includes people saying BTNA is worse than Lustress process and so so so on.....
Are you more friendly to people that actually says its always better or do you like when people enjoys your overall music or just enjoys some of it?
*people are diffrent most in how music sounds and are and some is just stubborn and belives all new music is crap and commercial*..


Also about Jonna and Mia:_________
I myself loves the soft angelic sound they had.. But as I listened more to BTNA I have to say that her voice fits much better to what you created there and I would say I would not like to hear either of them on BTNA.
What do you think now afterwards when you have Ruby? Was the Jonna and Mia a good way to grow bigger musically?
Also, do you belive that the older albums now would be better with Ruby or do you think that has been done is done and should not be "touched" ?

About the music:____________
Do you somtimes go back to the older albums to take inspiration to create something new? I have had this question a few times for myself as when I am listening throu the albums, it never seems to get back to any "this part of this song sounds like from that part of that song".



If I had any truely retarded questions... Shoot me! Kiss deluxe
Back to top
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 [18:35]
Reply with quote

Pwcca, I'll let K answer your other questions haha, but as for them playing live, I think I have a good explanation for why they don't: when you listen to TPH, there are layers, right? Lots of them. Guitars layered on top of guitars, symphonies on top of symphonies, and so forth. Obviously, these layers make up the music that K so passionately creates. Now imagine trying to recreate that live, all at once. None of these layers in the music are optional: they are all integral, and due to their quantity, they could not all be recreated live at once, not without massive headaches involved anyways. Sure, they could go up there and play the bare basics of TPH, the main riffs, the drums, and the vocals, but that is not what TPH is about. You can get a good idea of what TPH is about by reading K's answers in that new interview, and nowhere does he say "TPH is about having fun".

Even though they would probably kick ass live, TPH live would no longer be TPH, not as K intends it anyways.
Back to top
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 26, 2012 [18:51]
Reply with quote

Pwcca wrote:
Hey K! Bow down

I just have some stuff to ask you after the interview with Metal Rules.


And I'd be glad to answer them.

Quote:
When you got the question about Live performance and stuff..
You answered Slipknot *I might be gay and fucktard but they are exellent live and has been one of my favorite band from my day 1 of metal music*.. But whatever that is not a part of it here.


I'll comment on it anyways. Slipknot's one of the better live acts I have seen (The Prodigy rule them all). That is some seriously great performances they pull off, even if the are not a fave band or anything. You can't deny quality when you hear/see it. And Slipknot's a fucken ace band when it comes to delivering the goods from a stage.

Quote:
I know you are a studio band and all your music is from my thinking exellent and above perfection after 1000x times listening throu the albums! Even had to ask my sis that speaks latin to see what it means in the latest album!


Good you have a sister speaking Latin then, haha...

Quote:
When it comes to TPH you dont ever think of it would be fun and exiting to get it out to play live with this band? Or do you leave that to TD to play live with?


I get that nerve satisfied with TD. TPH isn't meant to be performed live anymore. I made this decision many years back and that's why we have taken shit so far composing wise now. J-Shot said alot of things in the post above that definitely are a part of this decision now, yes.

Quote:
Also, about you saying you are making the music only for yourself and does not care what others think. This includes people saying BTNA is worse than Lustress process and so so so on..... Are you more friendly to people that actually says its always better or do you like when people enjoys your overall music or just enjoys some of it? *people are diffrent most in how music sounds and are and some is just stubborn and belives all new music is crap and commercial*..


I don't like all albums by one single band so it's only natural that some people prefer one album over the other when it comes to us. I don't give a shit, seriously. Listen to those albums then - real simple math. To me, we are getting more and more dominant with every release. And to me that is what it's all about. And I don't think there's a chance in hell you could call us "commercial", haha...

Quote:
Also about Jonna and Mia:

I myself loves the soft angelic sound they had.. But as I listened more to BTNA I have to say that her voice fits much better to what you created there and I would say I would not like to hear either of them on BTNA.


And this is what I said all along. Exactly my point. You nailed it. I don't want to hear Mia or Jonna on a single fucken note of what I do with TPH now. They belong to the past, to the material that was created for them. I wanna hear Ruby now. I wanna hear that kid in TPH for as long as we fucken exist. Or I wouldn't have made the change. It was necessary. For me, for the music and for the sake of the world's well-being.

Quote:
What do you think now afterwards when you have Ruby? Was the Jonna and Mia a good way to grow bigger musically?


They were all a part of the process that led us here, to where we are today.

Quote:
Also, do you belive that the older albums now would be better with Ruby or do you think that has been done is done and should not be "touched" ?


Those albums are done. Those albums are awesome in their own rights. Those albums should never be touched. And they never will be. Would I like to record them again with Ruby and Tobben? Absolutely not. But it would be really fucken interesting to hear what they would sound like with those guys on board. It's a fun thought, but it's also something I would never do. Mia was great. Jonna was great. For that time. Ruby is amazing for what we do now, and now is what counts. Holy fuck I cant wait until you guys hear the next album...

Quote:
About the music:
Do you somtimes go back to the older albums to take inspiration to create something new? I have had this question a few times for myself as when I am listening throu the albums, it never seems to get back to any "this part of this song sounds like from that part of that song".


Since I write everything I naturally think some of the stuff is similar to stuff I have written in the past. After all - it's me writing it. It's my style. I have a certain way of writing and I'd be damned if some things wouldn't be reminiscent of other stuff I have done. That's the whole point after all: create and recreate. Perfection has got a lot of faces. Some of them look familiar.

Quote:
If I had any truely retarded questions... Shoot me! Kiss deluxe


Excellent questions.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 [04:35]
Reply with quote

Any hope of another teaser from the upcoming album? Or is everything too "developed" by now for there to be any more teasers Sad
Back to top
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 [11:53]
Reply with quote

Thanks K for the answers and as always you always takes time to answer instead of just: "okey, no, I piss on you" as alot of other people out there does!

About the Live performance part again:______
I know that there is many many layers in TPH and was more a way to ask why he decided it.
But let me change the question a little bit so I can make the question more as I wanted it.

What IF you could recreate the perfection from the studio to a real life perfomance with a real orchester and all this layers *100%* as you want it. By then would you take TPH to the live performance or is this still your Studio project you want to keep there? If still a studio band, why?


Haha I would give you a gun with a mag full of bullets if I ever called TPH commercial;)


Angelic sound (Mia & Jonna):______
You said you dont have contact with them anymore, but lets say IF you would actually need to have some of their soft angelic sound in one song today, do you belive you would ask one of them or would you find someone new to fill in that little part of the song?


About the Albums:______
Also what I would find intressting is to know more about the behind the scenes of the albums, like a little story about what the albums really are about.. Or do you want this to be a listener defined experiance to build up themself?


About your lyrics:_____
Does them just pop up when you are sleeping and you wake up all sweaty and just grabs a paper and writes down it? or do you sit down composing the music and then the lyrics just melts into the project?


About the frequently asked questions about production:______
What is the basic idea of TPH when it comes to the front of pushing your writing even more to make the new album always better than the other one? You always want to only satisfy your own ego performance first and let yourself be the judge of what is good or bad?
Also, how many times do you listen throu an album before you say: "I will release this now" part? And when you have released it.. Do you still enjoys listening to your own album you created over and over?


Upcoming album questions:_______
1: Can we expect the same feeling from the new album as from BTNA? That means for some of us it took some time to get in love with Rubys singing and some loved it from start and some just cant handle it.. Or will this be a "continue" of a totally "new" sound from you? *I am not talking about chaning the concept.. fuck it, you know what I mean*...

2: When this is now fansupported album release with the money people sent you to really make this album come alive. Do you have any fears to let them down or are you 100% sure it will knock them out of the socks?

3: I know you dont like to compare albums, but if we compare the Lustress to BTNA to this new album.. What do you think will be the biggest change exept from it will be a totally new listening experiance?




TD live performance question:_______
When you are performing out with TD do you enjoy to hear what people says about the show and so on aswell? I mean you are a really talkactive person over here at the forum so I juset want to see what you say about talking to fans after shows and soo on.
What is the most fun a fan has ever done during a live performance gig you done?
And what is the most important part for you during the live performance?



A wall of text once more.. as always, stupid questions stupid answer or just shoot me ;)
Back to top
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Mar 27, 2012 [18:04]
Reply with quote

First off, J-Shot: At the moment there will be no teasers. And now of to the rest of the questions from Pwcca:

Quote:
Thanks K for the answers and as always you always takes time to answer instead of just: "okey, no, I piss on you" as alot of other people out there does!


If you guys have questions and I have a minute or 10 to spare to answer them - I see no reason not to do it. I take great pride in this, you know - the interaction with you who gives a fuck about TPH.

Quote:
About the Live performance part again:______
I know that there is many many layers in TPH and was more a way to ask why he decided it. But let me change the question a little bit so I can make the question more as I wanted it. What IF you could recreate the perfection from the studio to a real life perfomance with a real orchester and all this layers *100%* as you want it. By then would you take TPH to the live performance or is this still your Studio project you want to keep there? If still a studio band, why?


Everything is doable. But I have no interest in bringing TPH to the stage. I don't think that will ever change either to be honest.

Quote:
Angelic sound (Mia & Jonna):______
You said you dont have contact with them anymore, but lets say IF you would actually need to have some of their soft angelic sound in one song today, do you belive you would ask one of them or would you find someone new to fill in that little part of the song?


Ruby would do it. Mia and Jonna are of the past.

Quote:
About the Albums:______
Also what I would find intressting is to know more about the behind the scenes of the albums, like a little story about what the albums really are about.. Or do you want this to be a listener defined experiance to build up themself?


Just read the lyrics, everything is there. There is a meaning in everything we do. Every word. Every single sentence.

Quote:
About your lyrics:_____
Does them just pop up when you are sleeping and you wake up all sweaty and just grabs a paper and writes down it? or do you sit down composing the music and then the lyrics just melts into the project?


I write lyrics all the time and then work with them when I eventually get to transform them into the songs. Alot of the stuff you hear in our songs is stuff that comes up when I do nothing special at all actually... they just pop up. I hardly ever sit down and "must" write lyrics. I let them come to me.

Quote:
About the frequently asked questions about production:______
What is the basic idea of TPH when it comes to the front of pushing your writing even more to make the new album always better than the other one? You always want to only satisfy your own ego performance first and let yourself be the judge of what is good or bad?


I challenge myself. I love each and every riff I compose. Each and every section you hear in the songs. I never just "throw in" a riff to have it there. All of the stuff is created with a purpose. I believe the material itself should be so strong you can listen to it without vocals and still get an amazing experience out of it. The music is so important to me.

Quote:
Also, how many times do you listen throu an album before you say: "I will release this now" part? And when you have released it.. Do you still enjoys listening to your own album you created over and over?


I just "feel" when something is finished. The moment I let it go is the moment when I have done everything I want with that specific part. Then over time you always find ways to improve, but you have to let it go once you feel it's done.

Quote:
Upcoming album questions:_______
1: Can we expect the same feeling from the new album as from BTNA? That means for some of us it took some time to get in love with Rubys singing and some loved it from start and some just cant handle it.. Or will this be a "continue" of a totally "new" sound from you? *I am not talking about chaning the concept.. fuck it, you know what I mean*...


The sound is intact, trust me on that. This is just on another level composing wise. It's more intricate, I have never played better guitar or bass and the orchestral work is just fucken amazing, if I may say so. You will hear it when it's time... Some stuff on the new album will definitely raise an eyebrow or two among The Haters, but there's no chance you won't appreciate what's happening.

Quote:
2: When this is now fansupported album release with the money people sent you to really make this album come alive. Do you have any fears to let them down or are you 100% sure it will knock them out of the socks?


I can't fail.

Quote:
3: I know you dont like to compare albums, but if we compare the Lustress to BTNA to this new album.. What do you think will be the biggest change exept from it will be a totally new listening experiance?


The overall execution of everything as well as the idiotically amazing material I have cooked up this time, again. Just wait and see... As said: Trust me.

Quote:
TD live performance question:_______
When you are performing out with TD do you enjoy to hear what people says about the show and so on aswell? I mean you are a really talkactive person over here at the forum so I juset want to see what you say about talking to fans after shows and soo on.


As mentioned, I take a lot of pride in being in touch with the people who support what I/we do. I am just your regular fucken guy, you know. Some thinks I am a fucken asshole becoz of how I am, and some absolutely adore me. It's the same as for everyone else in this world. If you think what I/we do sucks - it's ok. You prolly like some other band, feel free to stop wasting your time on us then for fuck's sake. You dig what we do? I thank you so much for letting us know about it.

Quote:
What is the most fun a fan has ever done during a live performance gig you done?


Showed their appreciation.

Quote:
And what is the most important part for you during the live performance?


To play fucken well and have a blast. Thanx for the questions once again, man.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anonymous
Guest





PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 [00:01]
Reply with quote

Hey there K, do you dig this band?

Ever heard of em before? I just thought you'd be into to it (personally, this album, which they released just a few days ago is already climbing straight up to my absolute favourites). I'd like to hear your opinion on their sound, when you have a moment to spare Kiss

Cheers, hope you enjoy!
Back to top
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Apr 11, 2012 [03:55]
Reply with quote

MurderMachine wrote:
Hey there K, do you dig this band?


I have their latest album but haven't heard this new one yet. Based on that old disc they seem to be a god band, but I am really too inexperienced with their sound to have a solid opinion. I will rectify that, coz this new tune sounded fine.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BeyondVexing
Respected devourer of scrotums


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 763
Location: Saint Cloud MN

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Apr 30, 2012 [18:36]
Reply with quote

What kind of guitar case(s) do you use for your Xiphos guitars?
_________________
Oh look, another one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 01, 2012 [12:36]
Reply with quote

The ones they come in?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BeyondVexing
Respected devourer of scrotums


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 763
Location: Saint Cloud MN

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 03, 2012 [13:08]
Reply with quote

Ha Ha.....well that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately I have to buy one. Thanks for humoring me though.
_________________
Oh look, another one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 04, 2012 [03:51]
Reply with quote

BeyondVexing wrote:
Ha Ha.....well that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately I have to buy one. Thanks for humoring me though.


Ah... What kind of deal is that if you didn't get a case with it? Which model did you buy?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BeyondVexing
Respected devourer of scrotums


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 763
Location: Saint Cloud MN

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 05, 2012 [04:47]
Reply with quote

Lord K wrote:
What kind of deal is that if you didn't get a case with it?


I live in the middle of fucking nowhere this days, so I'm kind of limited to "good" deal options. Anyway, XPT700XH.

_________________
Oh look, another one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 16966
Location: Everywhere

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 05, 2012 [04:57]
Reply with quote

Just find it weird you don't get a fucken case with it. Great guitar either way. It quickly became my number 1 guitar for Torture Division. Then again, I fucken love them all:



From L-R:

Black - for different tunings back and forth
Black - backup for Torture Division
Red Chameleon - for TPH only
Flat black - main guitar for Torture Division


Worship the wall.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maverick
Devout GD Follower


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 3612
Location: localhost

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: May 09, 2012 [08:04]
Reply with quote

I know you're also a Cubase user, I was wondering what kind of VSTi you use for your synth, ambience, orchestral and stuff like that?

Cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 116, 117, 118  Next

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum