Global Domination

FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
Questions for K - Put them in here!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 110, 111, 112 ... 116, 117, 118  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Global Domination Forum Index » The Project Hate MCMXCIX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longinius
Effeminate little princess

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 [15:13]

No question, just man-love.

I love your genius K, without you revising this thesis would be nigh unbearable. I started with CSSC and have worked my way up to BTNA now. Horns

Ok, one question. You told us Dirk stepped up to replace Tobben on this one. I'm curious how you convinced him to help out given his packed schedule :P He works hard, but a TPH album is no mean feat!
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 08, 2012 [19:27]

Haha, thanx, Long.

I have run into Dirk every now and then here and there at festivals. One of the nicest fucken guys ever. We obviously like each other's work and so forth and so on. When Tobben stepped down I explained the whole thing to Dirk and we worked out a deal that's not even close to what he usually charges. Simply becoz we don't have that kind of money, our budget was already calculated and whatnot, you know.

Dirk will do the drums for this album when he's got the time in his extremely busy schedule, which is why it takes a little longer than the week or so in a row we would have used for Tobben. Dirk's already halfway, really putting down some ridiculously awesome drums, as I knew he would.

I can never thank him enough for stepping up and helping me out.

Follower of the penis

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [15:31]

Cheers K!

Besides saying hi, I have a couple of questions for you. Some context first, Im teaching organizational behavior in a university, and I just finished the motivation topic. All the analysis of the theories made me wonder something worth asking you, as you are the biggest rock star I know and that we have interacted for several years now.

K, you have the rock solid music career with TPH, projects like now defunct GAI and ongoing TD, the recognition of fans and peers in other bands, the endorsement, the world wide community of GD, the wife, the big house, the cats, and other things only you know of.

How do you keep both your feet grounded? What keeps you hungry? How do you maintain the eye of the tiger?

Keep it going strong fucko. Horns
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [15:48]

AztecB wrote:
How do you keep both your feet grounded? What keeps you hungry? How do you maintain the eye of the tiger?

Hey man, good to see ya around. When it comes to hunger... it is my passion and my drive that pushes me forward, trying to always outdo myself with each and everything I create. I love to challenge myself and really put in my all into what I do. I am extremely picky and a perfectionist and I absolutely love to devote myself on all levels when it comes to composing. This is what I was meant to do, if you believe in such things, but you know what I mean.

Grounded? Some people would say I am, some people think I am a fucken asshole. I am both of those, just like pretty much everyone else. My wife isn't exactly letting any rockstar issues get to my head, haha... I am hardly a rockstar (even if it's fun as fuck to make jokes about it). I play in small bands, always played in small bands with some "success" - but it's not about that. I demand respect for what I do though. I deserve it. And I have it. That is what I work for. You may think I am the second coming of Christ or the biggest fucko since whoever the biggest fucko is, but do not try to downplay what I create. Like it, hate it - but do not try to say it's not some well crafted shit, even if the style(s) is not your thing.

I have been doing this for so long and I still feel the urge to continue doing it. Everything has fallen into place, life is phenomenal, the people who support what I do are fantastic and it feels like I have done my dog years now. I thank Mrs. K alot for this, for sure. And I make sure she knows about that as well. She's truly an amazing woman who puts up with my shit, day in and day out (I am actually quite easy to be around, especially when it comes to music, just ask her, haha).

I will not do all of this one single second longer as soon as I feel I am not giving it my all. The new TPH album is a testament of what I have in mind for the future. This is beyond my wildest expectations and I believe it reflects where I am in life and how satisfied I am with how everything has worked out.

And trust me, I'll keep on going strong. Stronger than ever. I have an urge to re-define strong.

Mr. Green

Follower of the penis

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [16:32]

Hey K, thanks for the deep answers.

It will be a treat to be around and see those events unfold, like it has been for the last decade. Also thanks for sharing so much with us of what you do as a normal dude and as a musician, that way we get a better grasp of what you and TPH are about.

Lets make strong stronger then!
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [16:41]

Thanx, Az. And by now you know I take pride in interacting with you guys who have been supporting what I do for so long. That's the least I can do.
GD Hellspawn

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [18:55]

Something you've probably answered before, and I'm pretty confident I know what the answer is going to be, but here goes anyway..

How confident are you that there'll ever be another TPH album after this one? It would appear that you've become disillusioned with the biz in general, and unless there is some amazing deal or twist of fate will not likely sign with a record label again. Do you think the Donation Project model can last for more than a single album? I know you have the drive, creativity and talent to make albums forever, but obviously there is the monetary issue there that could hinder you from creating the masterpiece you truly want to, and I know you would never knowingly deliver anything less than that. I can imagine you've probably thought about this at length already, and was wondering your thoughts.
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 11, 2012 [20:08]

That's a great fucken question, Farlus, and I don't think I have answered it before. Not to any greater lengths anyways. So, hear me out, brother...

Of course I have thought about this. No, I don't have any urge to sign a deal again, it feels pointless in this time and age. No, I can't ever record and make TPH sound as I want it to without funds, funds I obviously do not have myself. 5000 dollars in donations for this one is pretty goddamn low for the quality I will get from it with Swan and so forth. I can't really settle for less, for obvious reasons. I am very happy that I have managed to build up The Dungeon over the years to an extent that I can record bass and guitars without a problem. To do this in a "real" studio would cost a fucken fortune.

I have never thought about another album not being written. Will The TPH Donation Experiment work a second time? I have absolutely no idea. If people want more music by TPH - then it will. People don't by CD's anymore, so for a label to release something by us that won't sell is pointless. I understand them. But if the fans of what we do are willing to pay for the recording, a dollar or a hundred until the goal is reached, then music will come their way nonetheless, and that is obviously what matters.

I will create music for as long as I physically can, how many that get to hear it is another issue. Will Haters continue to donate to experience it? Then they will experience it. If not, the music stays with me. First off, I am doing this for myself, naturally, but it seems like quite a bunch of people take a liking in what I/we do and wanna hear it presented in the best way possible, meaning helping out with donations for recording it makes that happen.

If there are no funds, there won't be any albums released as I want them to be released. There will be massive amounts of music (within the 4 walls of The Dungeon - restricted to me and my close friends) that sounds awesome, though lacking the production I wish to have for it to be heard by the supporters of the stuff I do.

We'll see what happens down the road, all I know is that this is what I do. This is what I fucken live for. If I wanted to get rich on this, I chose the wrong fucken style to begin with. It's not like 10+ minute death-metal-and-beyond music with loops and techno influences is the new black. Nor will it ever be. It would be nice to be able to sell enough albums so you don't have to worry about financial difficulties for recordings though. But I have given up on that.

It may sound cheesy, but to be able to create this with the people that I can create it with is... my heart and my soul. And to have Haters fund this is just mind-fucken-blowing and the biggest compliment I can ever get.

You are making the recording of the next album a reality, and as said numerous times before - I am forever thankful for it. Just like you will be when you hear what you have invested in.

A masterpiece.

GD Staff (infection)

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 22, 2012 [11:32]

What do you think about Sofia Karlsson? I love her voice and music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WBXnUTaIc

Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 23, 2012 [18:49]

sincan wrote:
What do you think about Sofia Karlsson? I love her voice and music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76WBXnUTaIc

Never heard (of) her before... Great voice. I dig.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 [08:42]

Hi, K! Tell me: how to send a demo to you for review? Only the CD?Or do you take and mp3?
Earthmonger
Respected devourer of scrotums

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 [10:17]

Any Dargaard-ish breaks on the new opus? Opinion of Dargaard?
Unforgiven
Praying for the end to claim us
We raise the swords You gave us
One and all
We come for You
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 30, 2012 [14:15]

Alex_Satsuk wrote:
Hi, K! Tell me: how to send a demo to you for review? Only the CD?Or do you take and mp3?

Read the front page:

http://www.globaldomination.se/

Earth: Never heard of whatever that is.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 [04:30]

Sorry, I did not notice right away.
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 [14:37]

No worries. Welcome to the forums.
Respected devourer of scrotums

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 [11:33]

Dargaard.

wiki

Unforgiven
Praying for the end to claim us
We raise the swords You gave us
One and all
We come for You
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Aug 02, 2012 [15:45]

Earthmonger wrote:
Dargaard.

I wouldn't say there are any such passages on the coming TPH, nope... It sounded nice though. That melody always did.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Aug 03, 2012 [05:51]

Hi K, do you know the Russian metal bands? Have you ever listen to any of them?
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Aug 03, 2012 [06:34]

Alex_Satsuk wrote:
Hi K, do you know the Russian metal bands? Have you ever listen to any of them?

I know a few of them, yes. Kruiz were amazing back in the day, they really shocked the world by performing the way they did, and being from Russia - which was very rare at the time. I will always love them bastards. There's this other band too, whose name escapes me right now... Lemme look...

Demon Project. I reviewed them some years back as well:

http://www.globaldomination.se/reviews/demon-project-fear-is-my-rage

Really good band.

There are some others as well, but I'd have to think hard to come up with them right now obviously...

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Aug 07, 2012 [07:13]

Oh yeah ... Cruise at the time were very cool guys ... It's a pity that there was only a solo project of vocalist - Gaina ... Guitar

Based on your review of the guys from Demon project, you do not particularly like the Russian metal ... And rightly so ... There are only a couple of groups ... The rest is shit ... Banging

Although it began to appear high-quality bands ... If interested I can offer to listen to ... You'll be pleasantly surprised ... ;) In the comments on YouTube peoples doesn't believe that the guys from Russia ... Maybe ever I will sent you a couple of discs for Review, but now I do not have opportunities and time ... This is mainly black-death metal bands... Horns