Global Domination

FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 
Questions for K - Put them in here!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 117, 118, 119  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Global Domination Forum Index » The Project Hate MCMXCIX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 [11:58]

I hope not, since the sample I heard where all fucken good, so people will need to buy this album. Even if the trend is to download rather than buying stuffs, I still have some faith in real music lovers. But I might be dumb, since I'm French, haha!
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 [12:01]

I seriously doubt it will sell more than 50 copies, at most. But it deserves to sell shitloads more coz it's an amazing album though I wish I could re-do the programmings with today's technology. I absolutely love the material on it though, and listen to this - I fucken enjoy my vocals on it even. "Love" is an extremely personal album to me and I have so many awesome memories from the recordings and everything.

A true gem.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 [12:15]

Damn, 50 would just suck. Maybe some promotionnal ads that would link TPH and Leukemia would help for the sells? Hell if I know, but still, I'll let my buddies know about that, even if most of them should already be aware of the next releases.
People know TPH and TD, so telling them that you're also behind Leukemia (alongside the mighty Dan Swan÷ and even Statik Majik for the art) would obviously make them realize that there's some serious guys doing the job.
Well, I still hope, you know...
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Jan 28, 2012 [12:56]

I think it's great it comes out on CD, but seriously - I don't give a fuck about sales anymore. Obviously. I have given up on it. That album is almost 20 years old... Holy. Shit. Time flies. But it has aged oh-so well.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 [03:33]

I occasionally think about it and feel kind of weird being part of the staff here as I have never heard a single note of music from TPH. I know, I know... I am sorry! FORGIVE ME!! But really, where should I start? It's your band, you tell me! Now!
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 [03:48]

If you're in it for the long haul, my suggestion is to start at the beginning (Deadmarch) and work your way forward. You won't truly appreciate how far TPH has come and how fantastic an album like "BTNA" is until you've heard where they've come from.

If you just want a quick sample of what you're in for without going the whole distance, start with one of the last three albums (IHMN, TLP, or BTNA). IHMN or BTNA would be my suggestion.
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 02, 2012 [04:25]

Farlus answers questions for me as well as I would, haha... Cheers, man.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [07:05]

What are the biggest differences for you, K, between buying albums and downloading them? Or what are your biggest reasons for buying rather than downloading?
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [15:06]

J-Shot wrote:
What are the biggest differences for you, K, between buying albums and downloading them? Or what are your biggest reasons for buying rather than downloading?

What kind of asshole questions are these?
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [16:39]

J-Shot wrote:

I hate music so I do neither.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [19:30]

Tumn wrote:
J-Shot wrote:

What kind of asshole questions are these?

Guess I was just curious. I only got into metal from downloading a shitton of music, and since then I've made an effort to buy CDs instead of downloading (I've bought a few Project Hate CDs and plan to buy all of them), but having started out with downloading rather than buying, I have never had many reasons of my own for paying money for music rather than getting it for free. I am interested to hear some legitimate reasons for paying for music from people who are not downloading-scum like me. I pay for K's music because 1. It is worth all the money and more, and 2. I want to support his project. But I do not feel such a strong obligation to pay for anyone else's music.

Lord K Philipson wrote:
I hate music so I do neither.

Obviously, I should have known.
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [19:56]

J-Shot wrote:
But I do not feel such a strong obligation to pay for anyone else's music.

You must not be a musician then.

I feel that downloading has it's place, but one should do what they can to help support the bands/musicians they really enjoy. When I was younger and in my early teens, downloading wasn't what it is now by a long shot. I would use my hard earned money on buying CD's and it was a completely different feeling back then. Did I end up wasting my money from time to time? I bought Sevendust's "Home", so I think that's answers that question. But nowadays you can sample almost everything musically before you buy it, which is a great thing really... but some people have taken far too much advantage of it. Am I innocent of this? Far from it, but although I probably have the largest downloaded music collection out of all my friends and aquaintances, I also have the largest physical music collection. I can't buy everything that I wish I could, but I at least make the effort to try and help out when I can. Too much of a rant? Oh well.
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 03, 2012 [21:08]

One of the first things people say when they're in my apartment for the time is "you got a shitload of CDs", and im proud of it! I always support the bands & albums I like! But at the same time, I download a shitload of music aswell. It beats going to the CD-store and listen through potential buys and thats pretty much my biggest reason for downloading. If I like it enough I buy it! And being a "musician" myself on the edge of releasing my first demo I understand the costs and efforts involved so that alone makes me wanna support the scene even more. I am curious about how the music-scene will look like in a few decades, but im pretty sure it will down the crapper.
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 04, 2012 [00:54]

Detox wrote:
You must not be a musician then.

Actually I am a musician, but I upload all my music to a website that allows people to listen, review, and download it for free (although I admit, I have not invested very much money into my music, as most of the equipment I need is available to me through people that I know). I do get a good feeling from buying a CD, but I just end up ripping the files and storing the CD. I'm part of the digital generation, I suppose, and the only CD player I own isn't very good. I never got to be a part of the time when downloading wasn't so big, so I don't even really know how to appreciate owning a physical copy of an album, I suppose. Like I said though, I have been making an effort to buy CDs, and I do plan on eventually buying many of the albums that I have downloaded.
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 04, 2012 [13:18]

so you basically state the question "why should i pay for the music?". if you only store the CD as a physical "shell" for the music, you can also pay per download on iTunes n shit. digital generation hooray.
(btw i myself am in my early 20s and i prefer CDs to merely buying Mp3s of the internet. i dont know, i guess i want to have some physical representation for the money i spent ^^")

well, why should you pay? lets assume you hear some music. you like what you hear, you like the band. youd like to hear more from that band, but as it turns out - whoops - the band has no money anymore to record any music and no label in the world will produce the CDs cause they dont earn any money cause noone actually pays for the music.
and thats basically it. if you dont pay, the musicians dont get any money to keep on releasing music. as sad as it is, there'll always be some business involved.
of course, there are bands like "Negativvm" who put their stuff on their website for free, but it took them like 5 years or sth to record...

in the case of TPH: if people hadnt donated cause theyd be like "well why should i, i didnt pay for the previous records" there WOULD NOT BE a ninth album! and whys that? cause unfortunately TPH are underrated and rather unknown -> they dont sell as much -> the labels dont invest in the recordings, cause labels need to get theyre money back, which they get when you buy from them, which brings us back to the start.

funnily enough, you yourself said, you buy the CDs to support TPH. why support TPH? so they can release new stuff, which is pretty much the paragraphs above in a nutshell...

i hope this wasnt too confusing...

P.S.: i admit to having downloaded stuff over the years, too. but i try to buy the CDs i like whenever i can, pretty much for stated reasons. and its only fair. the musicians invested something - time, work, money - so you have sth to enjoy. they deserve to get something for their trouble (and its not as if most bands could actually live of their music. i know for example the lads of korpiklaani, even though touring their asses of, still hold "daylight jobs").
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 [05:00]

iGor wrote:
so you basically state the question "why should i pay for the music?". if you only store the CD as a physical "shell" for the music, you can also pay per download on iTunes n shit. digital generation hooray.
(btw i myself am in my early 20s and i prefer CDs to merely buying Mp3s of the internet. i dont know, i guess i want to have some physical representation for the money i spent ^^")

Well, I'm not trying to defend downloading or anything like that, I just wanted to know people's reasons for buying CDs, and supporting the band financially is the first one that comes to my mind as well. I guess I haven't found a band that I like enough to really support other than TPH yet, and the other CDs that I've purchased are from bands that don't seem to need financial support, like Amon Amarth, Dimmu Borgir, Megadeth, and After Forever, to list all of them (as you can see, I have not yet bought many CDs). Believe me when I say, I want to feel the same way as you guys about paying for my music, and I'm trying, but most of my music collection is still downloaded, and I don't have much of a problem with it other than the fact that most people do have a problem with it, if that makes sense.

As for purchasing MP3 downloads, that I will NEVER do. A CD is more to me than a shell, despite the fact that I don't use it much. I do enjoy owning CDs, just to clarify that, but I guess not quite as much as most.
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 [12:14]

i see your point about the bands that dont seem to need the money. well, first of all - if noone bought the records they wouldnt have got to that point. secondly, i doubt, that any of the mentioned (except megadeth) can live of music alone and if they do it wont be in a mansion ;)

i must admit that with more successful bands i also have less of a bad conscience, but the primary factor, pretty much independent from status or success remains "How much do i like their music?". dunno, maybe i have other... damn i cant find the word i want to use... "levels" (?) of how much i have to like a bands music to buy the records...

but i think if we want to keep discussing this we should open a different topic; it kinda moved away from being a question for K ;)
Anonymous

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 05, 2012 [18:05]

iGor wrote:
but i think if we want to keep discussing this we should open a different topic; it kinda moved away from being a question for K ;)

Haha yeah, I thought K might have had something interesting to say about it, but I forgot that he hates everything about music so I guess we could get back on topic.
Lord K Philipson
In Fucken Charge

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 06, 2012 [04:50]

Back on topic, yes.

PostPost subject:  
   Posted: Feb 06, 2012 [05:44]

Here's something that I've been wondering for a while now, K: for BTNA, where does your producing/composing end and Dan Swan÷'s mixing/mastering start? Did you do the compressors, equalizers, reverbs, delays, etc., or did Dan do those? Did you set the panning for various sounds and instruments, or was that Dan?

I write a bit of music as a hobby but I do everything myself, so I have no idea what professional mixing&mastering entails.