Xasthur: Defective epitaph
30/10/07 || Lord K Philipson
According to Wikipedia: “Xasthur is an American one-man ambient black metal band formed in 1995 by Scott Conner, who goes by the pseudonym “Malefic”.
According to everyone with a decent pair of ears: “Xasthur is an American one-man ambient black metal disgrace.”
Xasthur is a fucken joke. A untight, shit-sounding and insanely ridiculous “band”. To call this thing a “band” in its real sense would be an insult to the majority of bands on this planet (I say “majority”, Xasthur and Ocular Faith could go on tour together, for example). I’m pretty sure that this Scott guy is so tr00 that Manowar look like My Little Pony in comparison.
Xasthur is absolutely terrible. It lacks everything that should be included in music; feeling, passion and a production, to name but a few. Bottomline: This guy is beyond the level of Suck.
We have no zero rating in our system here at GD, but if we did – that is exactly what Xasthur would get. Giving them a 1 out of 10 is like giving them 600 points too many.
Name of the album and “band” again? “Excessive defecation” by Di-xasthur. There.
- Released: 2007
- Label: Hydra Head
- Website: www.xasthur.mercurous.net
- Malefic (Scott Conner): vocals, all instruments
- 01. Souless Elegy
- 02. Purgatory Spiral
- 03. Cemetery Of Shattered Masks
- 04. Malignant Prophecy
- 05. Oration Of Ruin
- 06. Legacy Of Human Irrelevance
- 07. Dehumanizing Procession
- 08. Funerals Drenched In Apathy
- 09. Warship (The War Against) Yourself
- 10. A Memorial To The Waste Of Life
- 11. The Only Blood That Pours Is Yours