18/05/12 || gk
Why would a young band self-releasing its first album name check Neurosis, Burning Witch and Asunder? Aren’t they just setting themselves up for a big fat fail? Leaving aside such deep philosophical questions, what we have here is loads of soft-loud-soft-loud dynamics and slow, lumbering riffs that go absolutely nowhere. The songs essentially sound like collages, individual pieces of music strung together with little thought if they work as a whole or not. There are a few bits and pieces that are interesting but the songs as a whole simply don’t work. I normally like slow and heavy music but Burnsred are bland and absolutely devoid of personality. The music too often slips into the background with nothing interesting happening. I’ve given this more than its fair share of listens and this is some seriously boring sludge/doom.
2/10: And a long way to go.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte