Carnal Decay: On top of the food chain
13/12/11 || revenant
Carnal Decay are a three piece outfit from Switzerland who’s claim to fame, it seems, is being a youtube sensation when a user posted this video on youtube. Now in their third album, Carnal Decay are still bringing the non-polka brutality in the same death/grind style. This is a pretty fast, blistering slab of brutality, raw in production and punctuated with movie grabs that, for once, add to the experience. Amidst the chaos are well time tempo changes and groove sections. As entertaining and brutal as it is, it does get tiresome if not listened to in short bursts. Highlight track: “Taste the knuckles”.
6.5/10: Some well delivered brutality, but still some way off the top of the metal food chain.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte