Chopstick Suicide: Lost fathers and sons
07/05/12 || Curt
I’ve never liked “mathcore” bands, so I’m probably the wrong person to be reviewing this as I’ve never really understood the appeal. However it would appear that plenty of other people understand it as bands like Chopstick Suicide continue to fly the flag of mathcore high.
The band is actually pretty tight musically and the singing is all right at times, but the frequent ADD like musical shifts and sudden screaming just do nothing for me. Well, it does nothing other than make me want to bang my head against a wall to make it stop. However, if you’re into Dillinger Escape Plan or even System of a Down you will probably lap this shit up like it’s manna from heaven.
4/10: I just don’t get it.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte