Cidodici: Freedom calling
19/04/12 || Smalley
Unfortunately, while the album cover for this one suggests a campy sort of shock metal record, maybe like Slipknot or Insane Clown Posse or somethin’, the result is ultimately much more mundane; as silly as shock metal could’ve been, at least that would’ve been more interesting. Sadly, “Freedom calling” is a pretty bland example of “MTV metal”, or something close to that; if you remember that lame “Click Click Boom” song by Whocares, you’ll know what I mean. Unthreatening riffs, tough guy vocals, and a lil’ weak rapping, overall, a sort of leftover from the legacy of nu metal, plus some watered-down Pantera influence. Occasionally, Cidodici does some decent stuff here, but not nearly often enough to cancel out the weak material.
4.5/10: Better to just avoid it.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Wolvserpent: Perigaea antahkarana
- Wendy o'Williams: WOW
- Azure Emote: The gravity of impermanence
- Circle Of Silence: The rise of resistance
- Lycus: Tempest
- Humanity Defiled: Circling the drain
- Running Wild: Resilient
- All Pigs Must Die: Nothing violates this nature
- Diabolic: Subterraneal magnitude
- Inquisition: Obscure verses for the multiverse