Deserted Fear: My empire
14/09/12 || Averatu
I’m not going to take it easy on these guys, because I hear potential, and they probably have a lot of other people blowing smoke up their asses. The chronic tremolo picking ala Amon Amarth gets a bit much, and by a bit much I mean after 5 songs its sounds like we’re on repeat. And where the aforementioned band has complex harmonies and interesting melodic development, Deserted Fear always play it safe on the good old 3’rd, 5’th and octave. Not that I’m advising them to sound like. When its straight up they sound unstoppable, when the groove hits the wheels start to wobble. An impressive debut all the same.
5/10: Looking forward to better things from these guys.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte