Deserted Fear: My empire
14/09/12 || Averatu
I’m not going to take it easy on these guys, because I hear potential, and they probably have a lot of other people blowing smoke up their asses. The chronic tremolo picking ala Amon Amarth gets a bit much, and by a bit much I mean after 5 songs its sounds like we’re on repeat. And where the aforementioned band has complex harmonies and interesting melodic development, Deserted Fear always play it safe on the good old 3’rd, 5’th and octave. Not that I’m advising them to sound like. When its straight up they sound unstoppable, when the groove hits the wheels start to wobble. An impressive debut all the same.
5/10: Looking forward to better things from these guys.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Cynic: Kindly bent to free us
- The Ruins Of Beverast: Blood vaults - the blazing gospel of Heinrich Kramer
- Neglektum: Blasphemer
- Medieval Steel: Dark castle
- Greenleaf: Trails and passes
- Gorgasm: Orgy of murder
- Pyrexia: Feast of iniquity
- Inherit Disease: Visceral transcendence
- Alcest: Shelter
- Ayreon: The theory of everything