Diseim: Holy wrath
04/07/12 || Cobal
Let’s get something straight: I really dig slow thick death metal, yet as it happens with almost any dm sub-genre out there, a time comes when it’s impossible to sound any different to what has been done before many, many times. “Holy wrath” for instance, only release by this bunch of Latvian punks, blends together a series of elements from primitive death, black, doom and obvious hardcore hints, altogether happening to result in a… very standard record.
Make no mistake, when saying standard I mean it definitely has its moments, plus it never goes that bad, however it didn’t really do much for me. Simply put, this album’s OK and that’s that. Hey, I think I’d rather listen to Imants Vovers’ drum playing for Skyforger!
6/10: Sixty percent of accurate sludgy riffs.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte