Gadget: The funeral march
22/02/12 || Lord K Philipson
It’s impossible to talk about Swedish grind and not mention Nasum, so here you go: Nasum. There. Happy now? Let’s move on… Gadget’s another grind outfit and this album, “The funeral march”, was released in 2006. Why we’re getting it now (on LP nonetheless) is beyond me though. Whatever. Gadget’s doing there thing all fine and their eventual half-melodic stuff really works within the frame of this style. While a band like Nasum (fuck, we went there again…) comes across as full-on relentless, Gadget’s a little more controlled and death metal oriented. I was never a huge fan of grindcore (except for the amazing “World downfall” album by Terrorizer, if that counts), but Gadget’s version of it sure holds up and I might need to check these guys out more closely. Also, a playing time of 30 minutes is perfect for this kind of music.
7/10: Inspector Gadget would be proud. I don’t even know what that means.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Azure Emote: The gravity of impermanence
- Circle Of Silence: The rise of resistance
- Lycus: Tempest
- Humanity Defiled: Circling the drain
- Running Wild: Resilient
- All Pigs Must Die: Nothing violates this nature
- Diabolic: Subterraneal magnitude
- Inquisition: Obscure verses for the multiverse
- Toxic Holocaust: Chemistry of consciousness
- Amendfoil: Skyline escape