Illucinoma: Demo 2011
07/07/11 || Lord K Philipson
Claiming to combine “elements from modern technical metal, with the mix of poly-rhythms, broken musical frames, aggressive vocals and the occasional melancholic melody”, these Dutch fuckos sure seem to be on to something. There are some quite impressive skills involved and this demo isn’t completely half-assed. The core of it would be technical (death) metal with the occasional Meshuggah-influence popping up, further proving that Meshuggah can’t be touched in the technical department. For being a demo this is quite impressive and given the chance and decent studio budget – Illucinoma might create yet another recording that I’d give a shit about. I’m looking forward to it.
7/10: Lots of promise here.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte