Killjoy Corporation: Horsefly
27/09/12 || gk
Finland’s Killjoy Corporation has been around for a couple of years and “Horsefly” is the band’s debut recording. This is some pretty good stuff. The music is mostly melodic thrash with some death metal and groove elements but honestly quite difficult to pin down. Every now and then the band hits a groove or riff that is a bit unconventional and surprising. “Infected prey” starts off in a sort of punk fashion before hitting its melodic thrash/ death style and the combination of styles works reasonably well. “Napalm mute” is all chugging riffs with a pretty cool bass sound while “Superior of god” is a lot more traditional, melodic NWOBHM sounding metal. This EP or demo or whatever it is, shows off a fair bit of promise and I’d like to see where Killjoy Corporation head from here.
6.5/10: Interesting stuff.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte