Klabautamann: The old chamber
25/07/12 || The Duff
Klabautamann play progressive black meets melodic death metal in the Dark Tranquillity vein (the vocalist sounds like a roughed up Michael Stanne from “The Mind’s Eye” days mixed with Grutle Kjelsson of Enslaved). Influences include Primordial, but with less of a sense of the epic, delivered more with the straightforwardness of Opeth, and standard Judas Priest riffs with Burzum-esque, ringing chords for atmosphere. Occasionally these last will have very unusual, almost jazzy rhythms to them which seem to defeat the purpose – technically not the most rewarding, it’s like a dumbed down black metal Dream Theater. An horrendous mix, not a bad record.
6/10 for giving it a go.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte