Silent Descent: Mind games
09/08/12 || gk
Just looking at the description on this one made me interested. Melodic death metal and trance sounded like a pretty interesting combination. Unfortunately, what we get here is a watered down version of Soilwork’s “Figure Number Five”. The songs are way more pop, the clean choruses are all auto tuned for maximum effect and the occasional death metal bits sound forced and don’t really fit with the rest of the album’s pop-metalcore direction. Also, for a band that has a keyboardist and a DJ/ Sampler they really don’t bring the trance. The electronic elements sound dated and a bit cheesy. So if you thought Soilwork’s “Figure Number Five” was a great album then you might find something to like here. Otherwise stay far away.
2/10: Really really weak.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Azure Emote: The gravity of impermanence
- Circle Of Silence: The rise of resistance
- Lycus: Tempest
- Humanity Defiled: Circling the drain
- Running Wild: Resilient
- All Pigs Must Die: Nothing violates this nature
- Diabolic: Subterraneal magnitude
- Inquisition: Obscure verses for the multiverse
- Toxic Holocaust: Chemistry of consciousness
- Amendfoil: Skyline escape