06/09/12 || Averatu
I’ve made a concerted effort to listen to this album a few times, but its just not grabbed me at all. I trail off and do other things, and before I know it its finished again and I still have not formed an opinion. This is with headphones on. The playing and production are top notch from what I can remember, but it all goes nowhere. Maybe its the vocals, but I’m reminded of another German band of the morbid goth variety that a friend insisted on torturing me with, slow monotonous uneventful dull music, the lyrics mostly composed of the words “I”, “my” and “me” in relation to some emotion. It might be a mismatch as I generally don’t like cheesecake goth, even if its dressed up as prog.
4/10: for elevator muzak!
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Wendy o'Williams: WOW
- Azure Emote: The gravity of impermanence
- Circle Of Silence: The rise of resistance
- Lycus: Tempest
- Humanity Defiled: Circling the drain
- Running Wild: Resilient
- All Pigs Must Die: Nothing violates this nature
- Diabolic: Subterraneal magnitude
- Inquisition: Obscure verses for the multiverse
- Toxic Holocaust: Chemistry of consciousness