Svyatogor: Doctor Veritas
30/04/12 || Curt
Svyatogor are a bit of an odd band when it comes to black metal. The Ukrainian’s latest album “Doctor Veritas”, while definitely falling within the realm of black metal, also blends the sounds of folk, industrial and even rock (gasp!), as a result they will probably get laughed off of the face of the earth by the troo, grim and frostbitten types, but Joe-Blow metal head will probably dig ‘em as they have some awfully catchy songs in the mix. Pick this one up even though it has a goofy album title and an unpronounceable band name.
8,5/10: If you have heard the band Lifelover before, you will have some idea of what to expect here.
After going thru that crap, you most likely wanna read something way more interesting. You do, admit it.
Below are some links to most recent articles, take your pick.
- Misery Index: The killing gods
- Casualties Of Cool: Casualties of cool
- Crowbar: Symmetry in black
- Black Label Society: Catacombs of the black vatican
- Mastodon: Once more 'round the sun
- Aborted: The necrotic manifesto
- Whitechapel: Our endless war
- Septicflesh: Titan
- Tombs: Savage gold
- Nero di Marte: Nero di marte